There are many ways that you can get the word out about your upcoming race:
- Car Display - Build a display that shows the basic steps of how to build a car, to give the kids and their parents an idea of how simple it can be to build one. I got the idea from the Community Church of Vista, in Vista, CA and built one for this year's race. This display will be used at a sign-up table during Awana Club nights and at church services to encourage the tentative kids (and their parents) that they can do it too.
The display consists of:
- Car design traced out on block
- Rough cutout of the car
- Car shaped and sanded
- Car half primered - half painted
- Finished car with wheels attached
- Awana Club Night Announcement - At the start of Game Time or Council Time bring the car display and a couple of the winners from last year's race, along with their cars and trophies to put in a plug for this year's race. We have a harder time getting our girls interested, so we try to include a girl that has participated before so as to encourage the other girls.
- Photo Display Board - Make a collage of photos from previous races to display whenever you are promoting your event and selling the car kits.
- Posters - Here's a cool poster that you can use for advertising an Awana Grand Prix race. You can download the full-size JPG file, a ready to print MS Word document and the PhotoShop PSD file. It is about a 4 MB download. I can't take credit for it. I got a paper copy from the Community Church of Vista in Vista, CA and made it into an electronic copy.